Assistant Prof. Dr. Romana Pervez
• MSc Psycholgy from women institute of learning Abbottabad in 2009
• MS speech and language pathology in 2014
• PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences 2022
Practical Experience with years:
• Speech and language pathologist at Armed Forces Institute of Rehabilition Medicine,
Rawalpindi ( AFIRM ) 2012 to 2015
• Senior lectuter, Speech and language pathologist at Helping Hand Institute of
Rehabilitation Sciences, Mansehra. 2015 to 16
• Senior Lecturer and consultant speech and language pathologist at Riphah International
university, Islamabad campus, 2016.
• Senior lectutrer, speech and language pathologist at helping hand institute of rehabilitation
sciences Mansehra, 2019
• Consultant speech and language pathologist at Al syed Hospital Abbottabad, July 2021 to
• Assistant Professor, consultant speech and language pathologist at women institute of
learning and Rehabilitation Sciences, feb 2022 till date
• Consultant speech and language pathologist at Jinnah International Hospital Abbottabad
october 2022 till date.
Post graduate diploma in speech and language therapy from National Institute of
Rehabilitation Medicine, Islamabad, ( NIRM ) 2011 to 2012
Field of specialization:
• Speech and language therapy
1. Effectiveness of kinesiologic taping therapy in drooling management among
children with cerebral palsy. ( RCT )
2. Effects of kinesiotaping compared with manipulation therapy on drooling and
speech intelligibilty among children with oral dysphagia; A Pilot Study.
3. An interpretative phenomenonlogical study of psychosocial challenges faced by
the mothers of children with speech and swallowing difficulties, A qualitative
Assistant Prof. Dr. Romana Pervez is the only speech and language pathologist in KPK who earned PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences.